After keeping this little list in the “notes” section of my phone for such a long time, I feel it’s time to share it with the world. Here are my favourite secondhand stores in Vancouver. Check them out, get some cute stuff, and make the switch to sustainable fashion!
- Value Village – or as the cool kids like to call it, VV
- Talize – located in Delta :O
- The Rag Machine – thrift by the pound!
- My Sister’s Closet – proceeds support Battered Women’s Support Services, an amazing organization
- Still Fabulous -proceeds support the BC Children’s and BC Women’s Hospitals. I prefer the Commercial Dr location.
- Fabtabulous Thrift 2.0
- Aunt Leah’s Place – proceeds support kids in foster care and young mothers
- Wildlife Thrift Store – proceeds support various local charities
These last 3 stores are pretty hit or miss, but I’ve still found some good things there so definitely worth a look!
FYI: I have thrifted a lot at Salvation Army in the past, but it has recently been brought to my attention by a wonderful friend of mine that they have a history of homophobia. I have done further research and read about their history of discrimination, and I encourage you to do the same if you are thinking of thrifting there.
- Front & Company
- The Main Exchange
- My Modern Closet – online consignment based in Vancouver, cool eh?